SOTM Life Skills Marriage Preparation Training
Our mission is to provide low cost marriage preparation training for engaged couples planning a wedding. SOTM serves as a resource for life skills education, prevention, and intervention as well as crises support. No one is turned away for lack of funds.
We believe, the best marriage investment you can make to secure your future is by attending SOTM Life Skills Marriage Preparation Training
Training Schedule for 2014:
|2nd Quarter||3rd Quarter||
|Jan: Completed||April” Completed||July 25 & 26||October 24 & 25|
|Feb: Completed||May: Completed||August 22 & 23||November 21 & 22|
|Mar: Completed||June 27 & 28||September 26 & 27||December 26 & 27|
Day 1: 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Day 2: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
COST: per couple: $75.00 per couple
Please R.S.V.P early in order to receive homework to be completed with your fiancée prior to attending.
Topics and Focus:
- Conflict Resolution
- Role Relationships
- Managing Finances
- Spiritual Beliefs
- Sexual Relationship
- Children and Parenting
- Couple Flexibility and Couple Closeness
Couples who complete this training will save $60 on their marriage license. The training is at least 8 hours long and focuses on helping couples develop communication and conflict resolution skills and other tools for a strong relationship.
After completing the class, you will get a certificate that you can take to your county clerk to save $60 on a marriage license. And you won’t have to wait 72 hours to be married. The waiting period is waived for couples who complete the course.
SOTM offers an exciting and interactive premarital training designed to:
- Enhance your strengths, build skills, increase your intimacy and plan long-term strategies to address challenges.
- Help you build a resilient marriage right from the start.
- Help you understand your past and family history and how your history may affect your marriage.
- Discover Potential “Red Flags”
- Understand the expectations you and your partner will bring into marriage.
- Examine and discuss you and your partner’s spiritual beliefs.
- Address blended family issues.
- Become confident and secure in your decision to marry or not to marry.
- In the first session we conduct an assessment to help you understand your areas of compatibility and strength as well as areas you may need to address.
- We provide 8 hours of religion-neutral training designed to help couples achieve their marriage goals
- Training information is based on the latest scientific marriage research.
- We create a practical, fun, low-pressure environment.
- We work with a smaller group setting for higher quality that is more engaging and individualized than larger classes.
Register early space is limited.
Start your training at least three months prior to your anticipated wedding date. Please register early by contacting the Life Skills Center at 972-709-1180 or e-mail email@example.com
To allow us to be effective at helping, when you come to the office, we will ask you to fill out some important documents that will provide us with the information we need to best assist you. To increase our efficiency, the Intake Form is available in an online format.
The Intake Form collects contact, identifying information, and information on past history. Please e-mail or FAX Intake Form before arriving at your first meeting.