SOTM Life Skills Senior Program is designed for older adults who are experiencing problems with depression, anxiety or other mental health issues. The program’s interdisciplinary team specializes in care for seniors and uses an educational approach considered a best practice in mental health to help patients manage symptoms and prevent relapse.
The SOTM Life Skills Senior Program:
- Meets two three days per week
- Is a fee for service program, Insurance and private pay
- Eases the transition back into the communication after a period of inpatient treatment, and is ideal for patients recovering from acute psychiatric illness
- Helps patients set realistic goals and learn skills necessary for daily living
- Collaboration with patients’ family or other support systems is key in this treatment program.
- Free training is offered to all caregivers.
- Frequent communication is held with all persons involved i.e. case managers, group homes, family members, and legal guardians
To Make A Referral
To make a referral to SOTM Life Skills Senior program, simply call out office at 972-709-1180. Our staff will request some initial information and promptly schedule an evaluation for the person being referred. All initial screenings are complimentary. We work closely with referring health care professionals so that timely communications can take place with families, physicians, social service agencies and others.
Knowing when it’s time to make a referral.
- Unresolved grief
- Increased social withdrawal
- Medication noncompliance
- Difficulty thinking or concentrating
- Confusion or memory loss strained family relationships
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Suicidal thoughts
- Changes in appetite or sleep
- A sense of hopelessness and helplessness
- Deterioration of daily living skills
- Substance abuse
- Loss of interest in appearance
- Difficulty coping with change
- Trouble adjusting to retirement